An ordinary woman's fascination with an extraordinary sport ... and the extraordinary people who take part

Monday 23 May 2011

Oh, we're going to Kinlochleven....

Okay, it doesn't have quite the same sense of summer joy as "going to Barbados" but far more fun, from my sideways point of view.

A few months ago, in response to a forum post, I volunteered my services as marshall/helper/general dogsbody for the West Highland Way race in June.  Although I'd had a response from the "Lord of the Bridge" I wasn't sure if it was going to be accepted (not surprisingly there are plenty of "repeat" marshalls who all have their favourite locations and duties) so I didn't know where, or even if, I might be helping.

Then today, I receive a text "I have a vacancy for a marshall at kll....".

I can do that....

Now, where can I buy a midgie net......?

No comments:

Post a Comment